Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Begging Blind

Mark 10: 51-52 (HCSB)  Jesus answered him, “What do you want Me to do for you? ” “Rabbouni,”the blind man told Him, “I want to see! ” 52 “Go your way,” Jesus told him. “Your faith has healed you.” Immediately he could see and began to follow Him on the road.


Lord, I want to see. Be blind no more.
I want to see the hurt, under the hate.
I want to see love being found.
I want to see hearts being freed.


Lord, I want to see. Be blind no more.
I want to be free of planks and slivers.
I want to see grace flowing and moving.
I want to see hearts changing now.


Lord, I want to see. Be blind no more.
I want to see past my own hurt and fear.
I want to see love coming and going.
I want to see a glimpse of Your glory.


Lord, I want to see. Be blind no more.
I want to see the blessings, not the mess.
I want to see the joy overflowing too!
I want to see my heart in Your hands.


Lord, I want to see. Be blind no more.
I want to see the blessing in a failure.
I want to see the promise of heaven.
I want to see You, in the great and small.


Lord, I want to see. Be blind no more.


Sometimes when we want to talk, God asks us to sing. When we want to teach a lesson, He gives us poetry.  Be brightly blessed, always and in all ways.

14 comments:

  1. nice use of repetition...and to see with his eyes is def a new view...smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are sometimes def blind to the real things that matter in the world... Very well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Janice - thanks for stopping by, and you are so right!

      Delete
  3. Oh to see as He sees.... This is simply, elegantly, worshipfully, honestly beautiful. I can almost hear its melody, and even some harmonies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I so wish, Zoe, that someone could put this to music! I would love to hear it sung. Thank you!

      Delete
  4. This is a beautiful poem, and a gorgeous, honest prayer. The anaphoric quality works so well here. Just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much, glad you came by.

      Delete
  5. Loved that repeated line, and also this: "I want to see the blessings, not the mess." Such an inspirational piece. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rosemary, thank you for coming by. I am so please you enjoyed your read. Blessings!

      Delete
  6. Beautiful. How I, too want to see. Wonderful expressions!
    Blessings,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kathy - thank you for stopping by. I'm so glad you enjoyed the read! Bright blessings.

      Delete
  7. I love the message and heartfelt prayer behind the words. Poignant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :-) I'm so pleased that you came by and found something special here.

      Delete