Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Etch-A-Prayer

My dear husband gave me the most amazing gift!

An Etch-A-Sketch!  I always wanted one, and finally I have one.  They mezmerize me.  I'm totally intrigued with them.  I could do mazes and paths on them for hours.



The other day I was having trouble.  I couldn't get my mind to settle down so I could really pray and I really wanted to.  So I picked up my Etch-A-Sketch and I started to draw some intricate patterns.  Each line became part of my prayers.

I prayed on the straight lines.


I prayed on the turns.


I prayed on the shapes.


I was so able to focus on my prayers it felt amazing!  I totally understand how people can be so helped with prayer beads and other prayer tools!

Mine is just a red plastic box with two white knobs.  Turn each one alone and you can go up or down and turn the other to go side to side.

We talk to God, we talk about God.

But when we use both knobs we can make so many shapes, we can create images and designs.

We can talk with God, we can walk with God.

When we use the gifts He blessed us with we become more than what we appear.

I encourage you to read 1 Corinthians 12 today. Live it today. Be blessed knowing this: 


"There are different kinds of gifts, but the same Spirit.  There are different kinds of service, but the same Lord.  There are different kinds of working, but the same God works all of them in all men." v. 4, 5


Isn't it wonderful to know that you are exactly who He made you to be, now use those gifts to be a blessing!  Share, serve, love and be filled with grace.

6 comments:

  1. So true this is that God has given each of us that are His, at least one gift each, to use to encourage and uplift and build up the body of Christ. There truly is no great love in all the earth!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for coming by - and for the encouragement!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will never think of an etch a sketch in quite the same way again! Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice post, really good to be reminded that we can use anything to focus us on God and we should do this each and every day :-) Thanks for sharing, Mike

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for coming by Mike, great to see you here, I hope you visit the other posts too! Bright blessings.

    ReplyDelete